Search inside documents

Search method
Document type

Search results for "community transport"

Including the closely related terms public transport, public transport, and transport.

1 result

London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham

Direct link to climate strategy (PDF)

…:// 16 agreed by London CouncilsTransport and Environment Committee and London…

… targets for substituting fossil fuel-based processes with zero-carbon ones, such as number of journeys transitioned from car to public transport, and percentage of heating demand reduced through better insulation. Carbon balancing The only way to ensure a safe climate is to radically reduce carbon emissions from the borough’s assets and activities to as close to zero as possible…

… supply: Increase the borough's renewable energy use and generation 24 1. Travel 2. Travel Background Road transport is responsible for 16% of the borough’s emissions20. Freight accounts for 28% of fuel use, with the remaining 72% from personal travel predominantly made up of car usage, as opposed to public transport (buses, 9%). As well as greenhouse gas emissions, transport

… actions already being undertaken. Current behaviours and infrastructure provide a strong foundation on which to build a net- zero transport system by 2030. For example, low-carbon modes (walking, cycling or public transport) already make up 72% of journeys in H&F21, and the borough is in a good position for the ‘transition to electric’ with 5% of all EVs registered in London and a network…

… of over 500 charging points, one of the UK’s largest, with an aim for 1,000 by the end of 2021. The coronavirus pandemic has brought changes to travel behaviour. On the one hand, given the need to ‘stay local’ and the guidance on limiting use of public transport, residents have made fewer journeys and have adopted active forms of transport. However, with concerns and guidance around public


This is a new service – your feedback will help us improve it.