Search inside documents

Search method
Document type

Search results for "carbon reduction"

Including 9 closely related terms such as reduce, reduce carbon, and become carbon.

1 result

Adur District Council

Direct link to document (HTML)

… Working together on climate action In consultation with more than 200 local organisations, Adur & Worthing Councils have drawn up a shared Climate & Nature Plan "Adur & Worthing Sustainability Framework (2021-2023)", covering 10 priority areas and containing 60 actions for the Councils and community. Among the 10 key areas included in the framework are reducing carbon emissions

… an overall balance between the emissions produced and emissions removed from the atmosphere. To achieve net zero, organisations typically reduce carbon emissions by around 90% and then offset the remaining 10%, known as the 'residual emissions'. That means harmful emissions from homes, transport, farming and industry will have to be stopped or - in areas where it's difficult to stop completely - balanced…

… climate action. Ditching the car: Angela lives in Worthing Town Centre, very close to the Town Hall where she works, so she made the decision to sell her car and instead only use a rental when absolutely necessary, therefore reducing car journeys to play her part in lowering carbon emissions. “Having a car meant for most of the week meant it would sit stationary, not being used. Having used…

… and Shoreham in Adur Shepherds Mead - at the foot of Cissbury Ring and bordering Findon Valley in Worthing Adopted the Councils' Carbon Neutral Plan: to set out how we will become carbon neutral by 2030. This has involved multiple successful funding bids to deliver this work, totalling more than £2 million…

…: Adur & Worthing Councils Carbon Neutral Plan - Working towards the 2030 target (December 2019) (1,550KB) Developed proposals for the delivery of a very-low carbon heat network: utilising waste heat from Worthing's main sewer to heat public and private buildings across the town centre. A bid was submitted to the Heat Network Investment Project in April…


This is a new service – your feedback will help us improve it.